Hi, you’ve reached the homepage of Daniel Balasubramanian. I’m a Research Scientist at the Institute for Software Integrated Systems at Vanderbilt University.
I’m currently working on a dynamic symbolic execution engine for Java, and I teach an undergraduate course on operating systems.
A few of the projects and tools I’ve worked on:
- The DARPA STAC program aims to identify vulnerabilities in Java bytecode; our team is developing a dynamic symbolic execution engine capable of analyzing multithreaded programs, like webservers.
- The Microsoft FORMULA tool does formal reasoning over domain-specific models.
- The DARPA F6 project aimed at building a platform for fractionated satellites; I worked on some Linux kernel modifications.
- The Graph Rewriting and Transformation Tool is a tool for building model transformations using graph transformations.
- The Universal Data Model provides a programmatic interface (via C++) to a meta-programmable data model.